1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Basic Irrigation License

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by eazy, May 18, 2004.

1. eazy

eazy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Who in Texas offers statewide classes that are the best not only in helping you pass the state test but also teach you the most when your out on your own?

Thanks for your time,
  2. j9sheldon

j9sheldon LawnSite Member

3. thapco4

thapco4 LawnSite Member

Sundance is pretty good. I took the class from him and pased no problem. Actually finished the entire test before 12:30 pm.
  4. JDavisTexas

JDavisTexas LawnSite Member
    from DFW

I am looking into adding irrigation to our services. How difficult is the test?
  5. thapco4

thapco4 LawnSite Member

Test isnt too bad. I had some knowledge of hydraulicsand engineering, but even without that, if you pay attention in class you should do ok. For me the hardest part was memorizing the backflows so that I knew which ones had which options, offered which protections, and where/how they are to be installed.
  6. LAWNSTAR1306

LAWNSTAR1306 LawnSite Member

The test was not too hard except for the hydraulics section, I had to retest this section and passed the second time.. I trained with multi-services in San Marcos (Jim Pentecost) good instruction. Just pay attention in class and Study...Study....go online and find other irrigation sites to learn extra.. the next step is to find a mentor/irrigator that wont mind you tagging along to learn "real-world" procedures (thanks Scott)
  7. Merc145

Merc145 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Water Management Sytems was great for me. I have taken 7 State test and the irrgation test was by far the hardest for me.

A friend used Sundance and had a great experienc also.

FF/Paramedic/ Haz-Tech/Irri./
  8. aperfectlawn

aperfectlawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone in Arkansas offer these things?