Basic leaf cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Oct 17, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, so far I'm only using a 48'' Ferris to cut grass and with the leaf season approaching I am just wondering if simply bagging the lawn each week will take care of most of the leaves? If I start bagging next week and charge a little extra I think it might not be a bad idea and then at the end do one final cleanup with one of my friends, they can rake/blow out the beds and I'll bag the lawn. I also have a 42'' craftsman mower with a big bagging system (my fathers mower), it can hold alot more leaves then my little accelerator bagger.

I would use a tarp but I don't have a leaf vaccum to suck up any leaves with.

Does this sound like an alright idea? If not, what do you guys reccomend?

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i try to get more cuts out of my customers , that way i have less leaves to contend with. the way i do a clean up is first blow leaves out of beds and away from buildings then i mulch them and then bag that way i dont have alot to haul away .

3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like a good idea I just wish I had a mulch kit on my mower with meg-mos or something like that. Maybe what I should do this week is buy a mulch kit for my mower, megmo blades, and while I turn the leaves to almost dust my buddy can follow me with the craftsman with bagger and git'r done.