basic service?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buckrufr, Mar 3, 2007.

1. buckrufr

buckrufr LawnSite Member

In reading about pricing of services, I noted that basic service in other parts of the country is mowing, trimming and blowing. The basic charge is on average about $35 per cut. I have been charging 135 to $140 per month for the following: mow, trim, edge and blow once a week or as needed - 12 months per year. Also I have been including fertilizing 2X, moss control, weed control, pruning shrubs/small trees, cleanups and hauling away leaves, etc.

Is this the way it is in the Portland, Oregon area or am I doing too much for too little?

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Sounds to me like you are doing a lot for the money, unless the lawns are just outrageously tiny.

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope the yards you're doing are a postage stamp of a yard because sounds like you might not be making to much of a profit if not

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

for $35 a cut I would just mow, trim , blow and charge extra the the other things. You can't pay bills if you work for free.

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

That sounds pretty cheap to me...I think youd get alot more for that in my neck of the woods.:usflag:

6. buckrufr

buckrufr LawnSite Member

Thanks all. I am not too swift on business, obviously. But I can and want to learn. Until I found this site, I didn't have the information source. I am embarrassed at my ignorance, yet if I'm not honest, I will never learn, I will continue spinning my wheels. Thank you in advance for your input.

I live and operate in a highend area. What would you recommend I be charging for extra services? Edge? Fertilize and weed? Cleanups? Dump? Etc.

7. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some ideas to think about,

Clean up, weeding -$38.00 per man hr.
    Dump fee $25.00 per yard plus labor.

8. workinallthetime

workinallthetime LawnSite Member

what would you suggest in the T-town area? mow em blow em and edge em on lets say an open acre with flower beds around the house and a few trees

9. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on Jim Lewis. He has several great posts and he is from Or.

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

way too cheap!