Basic troubleshooting videos

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Nov 7, 2013.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

top shelf family..

I told his father you were a ninja irrigator.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

How to use a Greenlee pulser video

Posted via Mobile Device

3. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

i gotta get one of the those. im sick of trying to hear faults on the 521 or 800s

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Right tool for the task at hand. I have the GFL3000 and like the high and low settings. The pulser that I used didn't have the dual power settings. I don't know if a newer unit does though.

I do have more 521s than I do pro800s but use the 800 more if that says anything.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jcr4au

jcr4au LawnSite Member

What do the different settings tell you? I have been using the high setting mainly because the manual said that is the best option.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

If you're looking for a series of faults then high power should be used. If you're looking for the larger(est) fault, then you should select the lower power output setting.

I try to use the lower output level as much as possible. Locating the larger faults and then after re-testing the wire path Persuing the lessor faults.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

GFL3000

Posted via Mobile Device

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

A few years ago there was a difference of opinions (go figure) on whether or not a fish tape could be located in a pipe when the pipe was full of water.

I had to locate and identify a single pipe using the fish tape method so I thought, " why not fill the pipe with water and prove or disprove the theory".

I induced water from one end after inserting the fish tape.
    [​IMG]

I located the path with the Armada pro-800. My signal was somewhat sketch due to low battery. I fixed that by plugging the unit in and performing the locate while charging the battery. I've done this before wth the 800.
    [​IMG]

In order to verify the target pipe I used an inductive amplifier to double check the pro-800. Six pipes crowded into a ditch so I want to improve my odds. Kinda the measure twice and cut once way of thinking. This is a lousy pic but at least you get an idea of what I am doing.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

This is a better pre excavation pic.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

This is a somewhat better pic of the inductive amplifier that I took from video

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device