Battery and Paint

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by HighGrass, Oct 2, 2003.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

2 questions.
    1.) Is the battery covered on my new Lazer HP
    2.) Paint is flaking off pretty bad on the flip up panel (mower belt cover) I know by the end of fall it will need a new coat of paint on at least 1/3rd of it. I s this covered as well?

Lazer HP 52" 134hrs and loving it!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

HighGrass,

I'm not the warranty Expert but here's how I see it. The batter is covered for one year. During that year if it fails a portion or percentage of the replacement cost will be covered. If the batter failed at 11 months then you would still have 1 month or 1/12 of the battery covered.

The paint will need to be inspected by the dealer for several reasons. First to determine if the unit has been exposed to something that could have caused the paint to flake off. The power coat paint is pretty tough stuff so it's unlikely that something it's been exposed to caused the problem. The dealer also needs to determine if a simple touch up is in order or if a more extensive repair is required.

Thanks

Terry

3. 22R

22R LawnSite Member

I bought a 2003 Lazer 60 w/ 23 kohler in early June. The cover plate was flaking and I noticed it early so I inquired here and was told to return to my dealer and have them look at it. I did and they ordered a new one. It took about a month to come in and when I went to pick it up guess what ?? It was flaking worse than mine. The dealer told me re-install mine and He would re-order again. I haven't heard from him in about two months so I guess I need to call and check on it. I think that they told me the first one was back ordered ?? But it seems that Exmark is having a paint issue with the footwells-- I can't find any peeling elsewhere on the machine and love everything else about it.
    Later, 22R

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

22R,

Thanks for the update. Please e-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com with your serial number and the name of your dealer and I'll do a follow up to see what I can do to speed up the delivery time.

Thanks

Terry