1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Battery dies every few weeks

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Stuttering Stan, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there an alternator to recharge the battery on the 25hp Kohlers. Where is it? I notice it getting weaker and weaker until it finally gives. Any help?
  2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: sounds like your retifier, it is located on the blower housinf it had a plastic clip with 3 wires coming out of it. that should be your fix, good luck. tony
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If you check this thread out it will answer any and all your questions and show you how to repair your problem.
  4. roket77

roket77 LawnSite Member

same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago on my kaw,,,the three wires the other guy wrote about going to engine,,,i spliced in new wires,,,wet grass oil or heat ruined the ones going to engine,,worth a try,,now mine has been fine,,on my great dane,,there is a 2 wire clip and a single wire going to regulator on side of engine,,the wires did look decent but as easy as it was to change/splice in new wires i gave it a try and all is fine