Battery powered Controller/timer??

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by KrayzKajun, Jul 8, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Putting in a system at the entrance to a school. going to be a reall pain in the a$$ to get power where i need it, would require going under two driveways.:cry::cry:

has anyone used the battery operated control boxes, Hunter seems to make some nice ones, and they will work with my RB valves i already have(just have to change out the solenoids to DC ones.

here are the two im looking at.
    http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Controller-p/xch600.htm
    http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Controller-p/xch800.htm

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Those are good controllers. They even have an option to be powered by a solar panel.

3. KrayzKajun

just read the dc solenoids will not work with my RB valves, looks like i will need to order new valves also.

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

If they are the dv style you can get dc latching solenoids.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. greendoctor

You can run Rainbird valves off of DC using the TBOS 9V solenoids. Forget trying to use the Hunter latching solenoids, they are made to fit only Hunter valves.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

If there's enough money in the project, I'd do the TBOS.

7. KrayzKajun

thanks fellas. guess ill have to see if my local irrigation supply has the dc solenoids for the RB valves.

8. greendoctor

TBOS solenoids and a Hunter 9V controller works well for me. TBOS solenoids can be had with adapters to work on just about all valves.

9. KrayzKajun

wow. the TBOS controllers are exspensive!

10. greendoctor

As well as a pain to program. Which is why I suggest using a Hunter controller with the TBOS solenoids. The best of both worlds.