Battery powered grease guns?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by thepawnshop, Apr 17, 2006.

1. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but I am in the market for a battery powered grease gun and I am considering either the Alemite 14.4v or the Lincoln 14.4v. I wish dewalt made an 18V one...I have about 8 of those batteries already!

Any of you have experience with either brand, and if so, what are your thoughts?

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Lincoln. One of the best time saving purchases I have made.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a lincoln too! Buy an extra battery! You'll be so excited you will be greasing all the neighbors equipment just for the fun of it.....

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Do they really grease all that much faster?

I have a regular grease gun, and usually just topping off a zirk takes less than one pump if you do it daily.

5. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

I look at one every time I'm in the Kubota dealer here in town. You guys saying it's definitely worth the 200 buck price tag? Does the grease end up everywhere like the hand pumps I have?

6. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

We have a lincoln that we got when they first came out and have had no problems with (it about 3 years it think). It cuts grease time in half and is much cleaner. A friend of mine had one and tried to run grease through it when it was extremly cold and screwed it all up. Just some advice for the cold weather guys. We keep the gun and grease in the office all winter and have no problem.

7. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Is it that much faster? YES! Is it cleaner and easier? YES? Is it worth the $150-$200? Absolutely!!! It is one of the pieces of magic I could not and will not do without.....especially if you have other guys grease..with a hand pump they said they did, but in reality they won't...with the electric they do.

By the time you hand grind, I mean hand pump, and complete one machine........I am sure I could do 3 in that same amount of time.....

8. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

My ace skid steer mechanic left ours in the floor when he went to lunch. I ran over it backing loader out of the shop. He was not to happy. It is an excellent tool to have. I even get out there and grease machines before delivering. I guess I better buy another one.:hammerhead:

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I got a 7.2 volt and a 14.4 volt versions. Worth every penny. With all the machines I got, I need them.

10. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

I see the Lincolns in all the mags etc but have never seen another brand out there. I really want to buy one but was waiting to hear all these positive remarks from you all. Does anyone have a link to other brands on the market?