Battery powered mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bulls_mowing, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Bulls_mowing

Bulls_mowing LawnSite Member

hey guys i know that 4 stroke mowers are the most popular but i was wondering on what everyones a opinions were on battery powered mowers. I guess what i want to know is, can you use them comercialy or not? Cause i was thinking it might save me money on petrol and all that. I could be totaly wrong but i just wanted to know what you guys thought.

2. RandyAndSons

RandyAndSons LawnSite Member

Well let me tell you if you use a battery powerwd mower for a long time lets say an hr of mowing your chances of getting that job done is very slim just because the elec or battery mowers will get hot and stop till they cool down. not very fast at all you will be there all day wasting time and time is money,

good luck

3. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, battery powered mowers, sounds like some sort of a joke. The only battery i would ever use on a mower is one to start it

4. Bulls_mowing

Bulls_mowing LawnSite Member

i dont use a batery mower i just wanted to know more about them. You can only ask mate, i dont know every thing

5. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

There is some interest/development to-wards battery powered equipment in the turf industry - specifically golf courses.
    Environmental issues and noise have been two of the leading reasons for this development.
    The last I was aware, Ransomes (a turf equipment company owned by Jacobsen/Textron) had a reel type riding greens mower. I am also aware that Toro and John Deere have experimented/limited distributed reel type battery powered mowers.
    I realy do not know if battery powered rotary mowers have been commercially developed.