Battery Valves Or Pack Options

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by cenlo, May 28, 2006.

1. cenlo

cenlo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Other than the battery operated valves, is there some sort of battery power source availabe to run an exterior controller. I use the pro-c controller (exterior mounted) but power is sometimes hard to manage. An exterior mounted battery box would be handy.

2. JB926

JB926 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

if you dont want a battery powered valve try a irritrol IBOC plus series battery powered contoller only down side is very expensive

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You must use exterior-mount controllers? Somewhat unusual in cold-weather climates where there is usually a basement to mount one in.

4. cenlo

cenlo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I don't have to...but I prefer to. Sometimes it's just a pita to get in and out of the house. Plus in the fall it makes blow-outs a breeze!

5. brookviewlawncare

brookviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

a basement thats handy for service :hammerhead:

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Give up on the idea. You want regular timers. If you are installing Pro-C timers, are you installing the SRR remote connector they come with? Those allow outdoor operation of an indoor controller. Very handy for winterizing.

7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Yup... cost is the down side. City here uses them wherever they don't have readily available power on some parking strips and median divider islands. They DO work great though.