1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE, Jan 21, 2007.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Well the battery is shot in the work truck,it's a full size Chevy 04 model, whatz any one recommend for a replacement, i purchased a optima this year but they are over a $100 bucks.
  2. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

Optima has a 1 or 2 year free warranty at least, so take it back to where you bought it and they will replace it for free or a pro rated amount based on how old it is, I can't remember exactly.

I had an optima redtop in my vette wagon from Jan 1999 until March 06 and it worked fine until I accidently shorted it out.

Needless to say it was replaced by another Optima redtop, they have higher CCA and last longer, I would rather pay a little extra than be stranded.

I put Optimas in everything I drive when it needs a battery...
  3. climber

climber LawnSite Member

AC Delco would be my choice....

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an AC delco battery. Has been great so far. The last guy to own my truck was a farmer and you could really tell by the john deere battery in it lol.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Interstate batteries are good. Exide is another good brand. Or if your gonna be plowing and such, an Optima might be a wise choice in the long run!
  6. lubricity

lubricity LawnSite Member

Just make sure you get enough cranking amps. I usually put in 1000 Cranking Amps in.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Purchased a optima red top.
  8. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

if you go with a conventional battery, Interstate Batteries are my choice
  9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I've had good luck with Interstate batteries.
  10. sam c

sam c LawnSite Member

I've been running Interstate megatrons since 1985 and have never been disappointed! You get what you pay for....usually.