Battle of the best backpack blowers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Oct 20, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

So, what do you guys think is the best backpack blower out there? I'm planning on purchasing another backpack blower and I want the best, most powerful, loudest (is not a factor)...

I currently have the Shindaiwa Eb630 and it's pretty powerful, I haven't tried anything else except Stihl's new backpack 4mix blower which pretty much sucked.. the EB630 blew that one away..

I plan on blowing away leaves, grass clippings, dirt, etc.. You know the general duties of a backpack blower! I dont know what else you can do with it..

So what do you guys think? Redmax, Shindaiwa, Stihl, Echo? Or any other brands out there>? :rolleyes:

2. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Dont have one yet but test drove one while my 7000 was being worked on, and I am sure you will get the same reply from about a thousand others on here after me..... Redmax 8000, hands down. Nothing on the market right now can touch it.

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Alpine, demo the Redmax 8000 and your search for the baddest blower will be over, no joke. It's deffinately worth the hype it has recieved here..Unless Stihl, Shindaiwa, and the others started giving a Buy one get one free program for their blowers, I'd never buy another blower than the 8000, I like the Redmax that much ( And No, unfortunately Redmax ain't payin' me for this plug.. :( ...LOL)

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

5. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

How much did you pay for that 8000 Fareway?

Are they too heavy or bulky for use other than moving leaves?

Is the throttle on the blower tube or your waist.

Thanks.

Off topic but have you ever dealt with Kooy Brothers in Toronto? I am looking at the Blizzard plow and the only 2 places that are remotely close are DLS in Oshawa and Kooy in Toronto. Prices are the same, just wondering about service/quality of install.

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hay Bay...Only Side throttles avail. in our area until spring.

Don't know what it cost...I traded a Toro hydro Walk straight up for the RedMax & a Metro21". Me got Bad Deal but the Toro had to go.

7. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

OKee dokely, looks like I'll try out the Redmax 8000...

I dont even think we have it here in Vancouver yet, I'll call around and see..

8. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I have the echo 750, an just bought a redmax 7001 for $469. The 8000 was priced at $589. I strapped the 8000 on an tried it out, There was a little difference in power, but not $120 worth of difference IMO...It weighs about the same as an echo 750. The redmax 7001 is a little lighter, but after 6-8 hours with it on your back, your back will thank you. After having the echo 750 on your back all day, I can definately tell the difference between the 2 in weight. So can my back. I also have 2 stihl 420's, but they are strictly for blowing the walks an driveways after mowing.

I like both the echo's an the redmax. The echo is a little heavier as I said before, but the power is very much the same

9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

wait a little bit. shindaiwa has come out with a new 83cc blower thats supposed to be more powerfull than the redmax 8000.

talk to your dealer and see if he's got one in yet.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Cant wait for the turbo diesel model :)

John