Battle of the Tire

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by OrangeToys, Jul 2, 2009.

1. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

I am needing new tires and I need you all to give me your opinion on what one you like better. I currently have the BFG AT K/O on my 3/4 Silverado.

The 2 tires I am looking at right now are the BFG AT K/O or the Brigdestone Dueler Revo.
  2. seabee1

seabee1 LawnSite Member

i like the cooper atr's i have on my 2500 hd
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know about those, I have 4 of the Cooper Discoverer H/T and they
    seem like a decent tire, but I'm guessing you're in need of Off-road traction?

Here's one way to do it, look up some consumer reviews.
  4. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a set of Cooper ATR's on my 3/4t Ram. They're great truck tires.
  5. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i was in the same boat as you...A/T Revo vs. All Terrain a while back

i did a good bit of research on them...I ended up putting the BFGs on the truck. They have a little more aggressive of a tread pattern which helps me not only in looks but also for driving in fields and muddy trails...they were fantastic in the snow as well

our Jeep has the Dueller A/Ts on it...they seem to be wearing better then the BFG's did, perhaps thats because they don't have as aggresive of a tread pattern....I have never had them in mud

they are both great tires and i am sure either will treat you well...i would go lowest price
  6. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

I have the Duelers on two of my trucks and couldn't be more happy with them.
  7. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

If your truck will see high road mileage, you will eat those BFG's quickly. Air perssure will be critical in evening out the wear.
  8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Go with the Stones the BFG peal off like cheap toilet paper. I don't know anybody that gets any kind of mileage out of BFG tires.

Actually my first choice in light truck tires is Michelin.
  9. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

I couldnt disagree with you more regarding the BFG's AT TKO's. They are the best tires that I have ever owned. Last set I had on my F-250 (35") went for over 45k miles. Been through everything you could throw at them and preformed flawlessly.

Michelin are also very nice tire. Great on road tires. Very quiet and smooth.

I had a set of Dueler At's on my old 92 Chevy 1/2 ton. They also were very nice. As a teen in that truck we spent a lot of time in the mud and snow.

If I had to choose, I would pick the BFG's just like I did about 3 months ago.
    About $1200.00 installed with lifetime balancing, rotating and flat repair.
  10. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Just this week I got a new set of feet for my Silverado 1500. Michelins, LTX M/S best you can buy, they were high, 700 from discount, act soon, they have a 70 dollar rebate. I could not pass that up.

Very quiet tires