Battleship III-anyone use/Results?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KKBElite, Feb 2, 2009.

1. KKBElite

KKBElite LawnSite Member
    from north

Any of you guys use Battleship III? what are you r thoughts compared to Momentuem fx2 (what i currantly use).

Thanks, Kyle.:)

2. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

After looking the ingredients up on Pesticide Info it looks like they have replaced the 2,4-d with MCPA. I have never used it but will look at it because it will allow me ti use a herbicide without going over the 2,4-d limits per acre our state has enacted.

3. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Battleship III is the only thing that I have found effective on Wild Violets in my area. Great on ground ivy too along with the easy to control clover and dandelions etc... However it is pretty volatile and a bit nasty spraying after awhile. I will be targeting wild violet with it, other than that I am looking for a solid low odor broadleaf herbicide formula for the bulk of my spraying.

4. Greenfoot

Greenfoot LawnSite Member

Looks like Confront. How come its not also banned (Clopyralid)??

5. FdLLawnMan

You looked up BAttleship, not Battleship III. I am sure Battleship has been pulled.

6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

It isn't labeled for wild violets (viola papalionacea) .... how effective is it on them?

7. turfsolutions

It contains triclopyr which is the only thing I have found effective on Wild Violet. Best control I have found and I have tried many other three ways.

8. FdLLawnMan

Quicksilver "Carfentrenzone" works great on wild violets.

9. turfsolutions

How does quicksilver compare pricewise with battleshipIII? Battleship III is pretty cheap.

10. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Like everything else that WORKS, it is prohibited on Long Island. :cry: