BAUGHT A NEW 48in WB MOWER!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 13, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Hey everyone, this is my first big mower, it is a 48in WB, i got it used for under $1200, it is a Exmark Walk Behind Mower With Velke And Bagger. I am going to pick it up sometime this week hopefully... has anyone used one of these, how is it?

i figured i couldnt go on much longer with my 21"'s and this looked like a good deal. what ya think?

Also, thank you topgun landscaping for pointing the mower out to me :)

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I hope that everything goes well for you

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

im going to pick it up tommarow at 9am. im exicited, but also nervous cause its big and im not sure how to use it, how to keep it maintained, how to change blades. etc. plus its a belt driven and a fixed deck. but on the up side,it was $1,200!

4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Take it out in a parking lot the first time. and learn the controls and how to ride the sulky. Now those 20 lawns should take you 4 hours

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LOL..too funny. I remember the whole debate about the 20 lawns

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

lol yeppp... today i got 13lawns done. i started at 4pm and i finished at 8:15pm. only 4hrs and 15min and got 13 done. i had two employees helping me. but next week will be awsome. ill only have one other employee helping me and i will probably get done faster. Geesh i cant wait!

7. Mowing Bushman

Mowing Bushman LawnSite Member
    from GA

I love our 48", it does a great job mulching.

8. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

do you think i got a good deal on mine? it comes with a velke/skully and a bagger and a mulching kit.

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

well i cut about 5 lawns today, i only had 2 schulded but got 3 more accts as i was driving down a street. I used the new mower, it works great, but i think the blades need sharpening. Im not quite used to it, but im sure i will get the hang of it soon. It kind of makes cutting lawns fun. IMO. also, what do you guys recommend as far as blades go?