Bayer rebate--last day

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turf hokie, Jul 31, 2007.

1. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Today is the last day of the extended Bayer rebates. I was just told yesterday. So here is the reminder get those things in.

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks dude -- We ran short of Merit + fert, so we tried to order another ton from LESCO. LESCO said they could not supply more??, so we ordered from UAP -- no prob, and we received it yesterday. UAP even sent the rebate form for us. UAP rules!

3. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

What are Bayer rebates? I buy a ton of bayer products.

4. americanlawn

from midwest

They offer either "escalades" (points toward free gifts like a flashlight or something.....just like green stamps in the old days) or they send you a rebate check for $1.00 per bag purchased. The minimum purchase is 5 tons. Bayer is trying to stay competitive with other companies who are now manufacturing Merit.

5. turf hokie

We got $4.00 per bag back on the Allectus for every minimum 2000 lb purchase. Added up really quickly. And a free spreader for every 5 pallets that were on one invoice.

6. americanlawn

from midwest

We got a LESCO spreader too, but no deflector shield or cover with it. Pretty good deal though.

7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Isn't that ridiculous that they don't at least supply a cover w/ their spreaders! I was a little po'd when I got home to put it together & it was MIA. They should've told em before I left!

8. americanlawn

from midwest

I hear ya, cuz my LESCO guy told me that my "free" LESCO spreader would come with both the deflector shield and the spreader cover. I try to be easy to get along with though, cuz LESCO has always treated my very nice in the past. Oh well.:)

9. turf hokie

Got 2 w/o the kit but not complaining b/c they were assembled for me.

10. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

The rebate for Merit plus fert products was $6.00 per bag minimum 40 bags. The rebates form had to be too Bayer by the 15th of July. I had not heard Bayer extended the date any later than the 15th.