Bayleton application

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnspecialties, Jul 6, 2006.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

In the month of June, we not only wiped out our 7-8 inch drought deficit but now have a surplus rainfall total for the year. It was the wettest June on record for the Raleigh area. Unfortunately, that has brought out brown patch like I've never seen. I pick up my Bayleton tomorrow morning.

I'm wondering what the application instructions are for this product. Yeah, I know I'll be able to read the labels, but I'm curious what to expect. Outside temps., dry conditions or wet, mow it or not? I've heard good results with this granular but right now I'm trying to plan out next week and would love to know what exceptions I need to make for the application of this product. Thanks all.:)
  2. LawnRunner

LawnRunner LawnSite Member

Go to the Lesco wedsite. Type Bayleton in their search bar. Click on the product you intend on purchasing (granular elite or standard particle or water soluable packets). When page comes up for that product on the right side of the page you will see lables and MSDS sheets. Click on lable (You have to have the Adobe Reader installed which is free). Hope this helps.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Runner:)
  4. mooch91

mooch91 LawnSite Member

Been reading some interesting research on Bayleton granular. Rutgers, NC State, and a few of the other university turfgrass programs rank granular fungicides, including Bayleton, at the very low end of the scale for controlling brown patch (almost ineffective vs. control). Studies were conducted during years of mild to moderate outbreak.

None of the studies showed much for us that don't spray. Heritage and Compass knocked the stuff right out.