Bayleton: Growth Regulator?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnguy26, Jul 16, 2005.

1. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Has anyone used Bayleton on shady lawns to regulate top growth in order to encourage more lateral growth and root growth. Anyone heard of this?

2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

3. lawnguy26

from Florida

Yes, I've read the label. Just something an experienced LCO told me. Just curious if anybody heard of this.

4. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not exactly sure how it is that Bayleton is supposed to act like Primo. That's a new one to me ... I can say, for what it's worth, that what you're describing can be done with Primo.

5. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

Bayleton is a pretty expensive fungicide, if it did have growth regulating effects it would still be much more costly the simply using Primo Maxx

6. mertzmertz

mertzmertz LawnSite Member

7. GrowinGreeninc

GrowinGreeninc LawnSite Member

Actually the reason you have probably heard this is because bayleton is a sterol inhibitor type fungi. This class which also includes banner Maxx can cause some growth regulator qualities if over used. I have seen this in roses and it is very common on golf greens. primo however would be the better choice to obtain the results you are wanting.

8. lawnguy26

from Florida

So, a growth regulator could encourage a denser turf in shady areas?

9. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

According to this study, it does have that possibility with some grasses.

Linky