Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by firefish7414, Jun 15, 2005.

1. firefish7414

firefish7414 LawnSite Member

bayleton liquid or granual. Which works better for existing brown patch? How much should I expect to spend for each? thanks
  2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer liquid for several reasons but often end up using granular, here's why. When using liquid you can add an iron product such as Lesco's 12-0-0 which will improve the appearance of the lawn quickly and promote more rapid trans-location of systemic fungicides. Customers love to see a fast response when they are paying the big bucks for a fungicide. Liquids also allow you to combine two fungicides to increase your spectrum or length of control. So why granular?, for me the main reason is that I have one spray tank in each truck and if that tank has fungicide in it I can't use it for weed control products. We still get decent results using granular Bayleton, but not as fast as with the liquid.
  3. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

The last 50# bag of granular I got from Lesco was around $90. I believe it covers about 15000 sq ft. That is usually enough for 2 applications on one of our typical residential accounts.
  4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I just paid $221 for 90 # this morning.

That stuff is EXPENSIVE.