BB Clay Infields

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Oct 28, 2005.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like I'm becoming an "expert" (at least in other peoples' minds) of some kind for designing/installing manual systems to water down the dirt portions of baseball and softball fields. Everyone has gotten tired of dragging hoses and wants to just turn on a valve and have high speed sprinklers do the trick in just a couple of minutes. I have two systems to design and install within the next two weeks. One is being paid for by an athletic booster club and the other is being paid for by a local Little League. Both come in around $1000 each.

I also found out that I might have to redesign the irrigation system for a high school's varsity baseball field. They want to start completely over and have the system designed specifically for their field. The outfield portion was used for Pop Warner football and soccer associations and would be totally trampled down by each spring. Now they have been moved to another facility and the baseball program sees that they can finally start improving their facility. Should be fun.