BB-Q help

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by STRINGALATION, May 30, 2007.

1. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

neighbor by foreman wants a bbq grille. we designed an idea using cinder blocks as a frame firebricks inside.
    planning to cover out side cinders with black x-30 mortar and speckling with chiped out flagstones.
    gonna pour a foundation 5' sq
    never delt with bricks or mortar before, i have read this past monthquite a bit
    originally was gonna sub now feel confident in doing the work
    could i be getting in over my head any pointers or precautions thanked and welcomed:confused:

2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Work with the product at your shop or home for a few hours before you start at the customers just so you don't look like you don't know what you are doing.

3. anthonyr

anthonyr LawnSite Member

Best advice I've heard in a long time!! I figured that one out on my own- probably due to my insecurity and not wanting to look like a jackass in front of a customer! ( I'd rather them think I'm a jackass, then let them see me doing it wrong, and removing all doubt!)

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes its bad enough when you really know what you are doing and have to think out a problem with the customer there, but when you dont have a clue what you are doing that could be real embarassing.
    Mike