BCZ2600S or BCZ2500S

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lms, Nov 25, 2004.

1. lms

lms LawnSite Member

I will be purchasing one of these trimmers fairly soon, but, I ran across a dilemma. These trimmers look to be exactly alike except for a small weight difference amounting to six tenths of a pound. Which trimmer should I purchase? Why would Redmax have two of essentially the same model in their product line? Did the BCZ2600S replace the BCZ2500S? What are the average prices for each model if both models are indeed being sold? I would greatly appreciate any insight that you could give regarding these trimmers. Thank you.

2. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

RedMax is bad about updating their site. The bcz2600s is the current model. 25.4cc, ~11.5lbs. Excellent company and product. Sorry web site! :dizzy:

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

They are the same essentially, the 2600 is the newer version, with a rubberized ergonomic handle, and the new PT104+ black head with the metal button. Same machine basically, you should be able to get the 2500 cheaper.

If the 2500 is $20 cheaper, the deal is breakeven. If you can get the 2500 for $50-$100 cheaper then jump on it.

KB

4. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I purchased the BCZ 2400s. I paid 300 with taxes. I asked my dealer why I should upgrade to the 2500s due to the more power. He explained to me that for the power your adding to those models your getting a lot of extra weight. If you look at the Redmax booklet your getting a lot more weight compared to the 2400s. Although the 2400s is like 23.9 cc's or something, it is light!! Check it out because at the end of the day the weight will add right up.

5. lms

lms LawnSite Member

Thank you very much for the helpful information. I have decided to purchase the BCZ2600S. Where do you think would be the safest and smartest place to purchase? The dealer that I normally conduct business with only carries Echo two cycle equipment, so, I was thinking about going the online route. Speedway Sales & Service (www.speedwaysales.com) seems to have a decent price: $299.95 What do you think?