1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Be careful, be alert, be alive

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnguy, Jun 14, 2001.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Flipping thru this am's paper, an employee at the local amusement park was weedwhacking near the roller coaster when he was struck and killed by a car being sent down for the morning test run. Didnt hear the warning or the car due to his headphones.

Last year at this time a guy was killed edging a curb when a woman late for work passed a car on the right and struck and killed him.

Watch out folks. Today it was a roller coaster car, tomorrow maybe granny backing out of that parking space in her 73 LeSabre, its easy to get involved and lose track of your surroundings esp you guys at busy commercial establishments.
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

True...True. A few weeks ago I was mowing the lawn at my Dad's house when a car ran off the road and struck a pole 3 houses up, a little more and trouble. I mow very fast around the road!
  3. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Had somebody almost run me over the other day. I was standing next to the truck. My strobe light flashing and cones in place. This fool came by me so fast and I never saw a thing. Really makes you think how petty all this is and life is too short.

Be careful because not everybody else is.:angel:
  4. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I hate taking jobs on really busy streets, and avenues, but sometimes they are the best money makers. Just keep your eyes on your work and whats going on around you.......thats for sure!!