1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Be careful pulling that trailer!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by all ferris, Apr 26, 2006.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I just wanted to remind everyone to be extremely careful when in route to your jobs. A local irrigation company was involved in a wreck today that resulted in the death of a road worker. Apparently the trailer jack knifed and struck the road worker. I'm not sure of all the specifics but I just wanted to remind everyone to be careful when pulling a trailer. I know from experience that if it sometime easy to forget to allow for more stopping distance and other things that are required when trailering. I feel sorry for everyone involved in this accident.

There was also a death this year at a local nursery where a worker was killed by a skidsteer.

WORK SAFE!!!

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

All too often I see people pulling these 16 ft. overloaded trailers ALL OVER the road. Much of the time they are operated by someone that hasn't had a liscense but a few years (apparantly). I also am sorry that a person lost their life in this accident.

Pulling a trailer, of any kind, is a HUGE responsibility. :usflag:
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Probably loaded too heavy toward the rear.