1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

be careful

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by scagwildcat, Oct 26, 2006.

1. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

today i had a pain on the upper part of my back, i thought it was a pimple, but come to find out its a deer tick!! i go to the doc in the morning, he called in some meds this afternoon that i have to take tonight, it doesnt look good, the area is all red and puffy, so please guys be careful for those little pricks!!! i love blowing wet tick infested leaves all day!!! make sure to check yourself everyday... dont be like me!!!
  2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Stay positive I've pulled dozens of tick off me thru the years never contracted lime disease. My area is infested with ticks. Good luck.
  3. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

We've never had a problem with ticks here--until this year. I pull 20-30 off of the dogs each night. We've sprayed them, their bedding, etc. and still have them. I sprayed some new stuff in the yard this afternoon. We'll see...
  4. extremerc76

extremerc76 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i pull ticks off me and the dog all the time, never gotten sick yet! but still be carefull. a tick usually won't spread lime disease unless they are on you for a while, i think like 36-48hrs
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

In May of 1999, I woke up on a Sunday morning with a big bulls-eye on my left thigh. It itched and burned like hell. Called up and went over to one of my customers who is a MD. Took one look at it and put me on antibiotics that day for a full month. I can tell you even with swift and proper treatment Lyme's is nothing to screw around with. It made for one awful summer.

Someone I know got it and went undetected for a period of time...he wound up bed ridden in a hospital for 7 months.