Be honest now boyz, just how big is it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Apr 10, 2005.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

The biggest property u mow that is. Mine is a 60 acre cemetery. I have several subdivisions as well from just over 1 acre to about 32 acres (including commons and a bunch of homes). I bush hog 13 acres at one place and about 10 at a couple others.
    How large do u go & what mowers are u using?

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Think our biggest property is 4 acres. We don't do large accounts, rather quantity. We are currently using Scags, 2- 32" 2- 48" 2-52" Jacobsen & Hustler 1-61" 1-72". will probably add 2 walkers to the fleet again this season. :)

3. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

Nine inches....umm, I mean one acre.

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is about 8 acres. Biggest property I know of by me that gets cut weekly is 17 acres grass. Cemetaries around here have their own crews that mow. 60 acre cemetary has got to take forever, how do you accomplish that or is it broken up into a few days?

5. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I just picked up a farm that has roughly 4.5 acres. I am new to large area mowing of this type. I bought a little (pussy) John Deere LT133 do be able to do this property. I have been having equipment problems, but other than that, I find large area lawn care alot of fun.

If I can pick up another big one like that, I will get a better rider mower, definately go to a zero turn for sure.

I still like the gardening and landscape installs more than lawns though.

-Reuben

6. LawnRangerofColumbus

LawnRangerofColumbus LawnSite Member

Currently my biggest acount is 3.5 acres. I do mostly residential for now. :gunsfirin

7. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

It takes 8 workers 3 days, however some of that is monthy bush hogging. We use 2 scag 52" wb's and a Hustler tri deck 140" for open areas

8. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Biggest one will be 4 acres, smallest one is 1 acre.

9. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I do a softball complex with 4 softball diamonds. It takes me about an hour and 15 minutes to cut them all with my 260Z at full ground speed. I'm not sure of the acreage on that, however.

10. mrgreeninc

mrgreeninc LawnSite Member

My biggest lawns are a 3 acre house, 3.5 acre office building, and a 3.25 acre house. All take about 2 hours with two guys on walkers. One with a 74" deck and one with a 48" GHS deck.

JR