1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Be honest, what do you guys think of the website

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Adam3669, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

I posted it up at another forum not related at all to the Green Industry, just a misc. forum..and they tore it apart pretty bad.

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Its not bad its a start. By all means it is getting your info out there and letting the customer KNOW.
  3. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

looks good
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Basic, but better than nothing.
  5. mgugliotti

mgugliotti Inactive

I think it is good, simple and clean... better than most personal lawn sites. I would however, consider the "marketing" end of it. Consider this: rather than saying we have six years experience, say we have years of experience... It is a matter of semantics but it makes it sound like you have more years than 6, let's face it, six years is not that long to be in this business. So I would look at your site for little marketing things like that that would lend credibility to your company.
  6. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

here are a couple suggestions.
    (changes in parentheses)
    Here at Lawn Tek,()we provide quality (professional) services (in the followng fields).

Weekly Bi-Weekly (Mowing)
    Trimming and (power) blowing (of all hard surfaces and planting beds)

Remove the word "Minor" it sounds like you can't do much.... sub out stuff you can't do.

change debris removal to tree trimming, tell them that there will be an extra charge for hauling away, see if they know someone who has a wood burning stove.

Aeration in spring and fall, offer seeding with this, just don't guarantee the seed with an aeration, there is no guarantee they will water.

instead of 10% off for both the service agreement and pre-pay.... make it 10% for one or the other or 15% for both.

I built my website 23 times befor I posted it. The picture you are trying to paint in the customer's mind must be absolutely clear, and somthing they would like to look at. p.s. my site still needs some work.
  7. mgugliotti

mgugliotti Inactive

Yeah now you are getting it. remember your site should sell your services and you! make them sound as attractive and positive as you can. Make every word count and just consider how it will be viewed by the customer. You want to stand out from your competitors, and instill a sense of professionalism in your work and services. You don't just want to be another lawn guy- you are a professional. Also a word about pricing, don't forget that a 10% decrease in your pricing will mean that you will need to make up 50% in volume! so keep your prices up, I'm not saying don't do your deal, but don't give away the farm with out knowing it. good luck!
  8. mgugliotti

mgugliotti Inactive

BTW- For all you guys that do not charge for estimates you might want to consider doing so. Yeah Right you say! Just consider this: how many hours a week do you waste running around giving "free estimates" only to get one out of every 10? last time i checked gas was not free nor was your truck; lets not forget your time if you gave 10 free estimates a week it takes on average 1 hr. to complete the estimate cycle- soooo.... that's 10 man hrs by say $60.00 an hour and say 10 gallons of gas at 3.75 a gallon so that equals- $637.50 of lost income to get one job. not really worth it. the way i do it is people call me for a pond job and they ask for an estimate i say sure ponds start at $3,500.00 and up, that is your estimate. If you would like me to come out to your house and give you a consultation (remember I am a professional) it will be $80.00 an hour and my job in that hour or so is to EDUCATE my customer, about me, my products, why it should be done one way and not another, finding out about my customers needs and wants etc. so that is a whole different ball game. there are only so many hours in a season we can make money, make the best of it. BTW when you charge for your services and TIME people actually think it is more valuable and look more favorably upon your advice and suggestions, ever wonder why free advice is free?
  9. Fairway Land & Lawn

Fairway Land & Lawn LawnSite Member

Exellent advice here......payup
  10. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Looks like crap. Pay someone else to make it or don't use it at all. No free sites.