1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Be Safe This Season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Apr 7, 2002.

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

just wanted to tell you the affects of the sun on your skin. i had a good friend just found a patch of melanomia on his head. this is a very serious form of cancer that is caused by prolonged unprotected exposure to direct sun light. this scared the hell out of me and has taught me to use sunscreen and a big hat this summer because i am at high risk having blond hair and fair skin. i just felt that i needed to tell you guys that are exposed to the sun all day long. be safe and have a great season.
  2. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I have like 25 chicks that are my friends and they live in tanning beds. All i do is give them hell about it. Can't believe they do that so often.
  3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I worked about 5 hours on Friday and got burned quite nicely, I'll remember that sunblock now...:cool:

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

During the summer I wear an army jungle hat to protect my ears and neck. Don't forget your ears.

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Precision LC -

I'd say that this is some good advise to us all. I went to Wal Mart and bought me a goofy, looking straw sombraro kind of hat with a wide brim last season for about $7. It worked like a champ at keep the sun off your head and a large portion of your shoulders.