1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

bearings

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by brix, May 1, 2010.

1. brix

brix LawnSite Member

I've got an older scag model ssz-22cv serial 21560 110. I've looked up the parts diagrams but it does not show the bearings on the idler pulley. I could just remove and try to get a number for it. Any other references or suggestions? thanks in advance.

brix

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Generally, idlers are sold as idler/bearing assemblies. Most idlers are two halves riveted together and the bearings are not serviceable.

3. brix

brix LawnSite Member

Thanks dutch,
    but that is not the case with this one. I pressed the bearings out to service/lube them. when I looked at the schematics it didn't show the bearings. I will have to pull them again and bring them to a supplier to match them up I guess. Unless anyone has other ideas.

thanks, Brix

4. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

If that is indeed the case, there should be some numbers on the inner/outer race. If not mic the ID, OD and thickness and take the info to NAPA or the like.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Idler pulleys are replaced whole.

6. brix

brix LawnSite Member

Dutch,
    I found the number on the sides as you said. Grainger has them for $5 each, thanks.
    Brix

7. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Motion Industries is a good place to get bearings; they got the good stuff.