Beat the Heat Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by SNAPPER MAN, Aug 10, 2010.

1. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

Well its ur trailer so do what you want. I was just making a suggestion. Far from pointless however...what about all the cars behind you on the road? At a red light/stop sign, people have PLENTY of time to write down your name and number.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Today we did a color install at a apartment complex. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be taking over the maintenance there in a month or two also. I know it's late in the summer to be planting summer annuals but the annuals they had in there were diseased because the other landscaper didn't treat them. These are only supposed to last until November then we will be doing another color change. Anyways let me know what you guys think.

Abbey flowers 1.jpg

Abbey flowers 2.jpg

Abbey flowers 3.jpg

Abbey flowers 4.jpg

3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

It looks great.

4. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Some guys on here would say you planted them in too much of a pattern and not random enough. I would disagree though. I think it looks good either way, and I like the way you did them. Looks like a really upscale place, I bet you would make a killing on the maintencance there if you get to take it over. Gettin' some dirt on that sparkly blue trailer :)

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I personally like the more formal look of not planting random. When they grow together they will look awesome. There spaced about 10" apart. The maintenance will be a pretty good money maker. But on commercial maintenance the profit margins are small than residential. Ya the trailer has been used since day one. No sense in buying it if we ain't going to use it.

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Are those alloy wheels on the new trailer?

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

any pics of the grill guard on the front of the 6.4? i really been thinking about putin one on mine.

work looks great!

8. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, I am more of a pattern guy myself as well, but I have seen some "gods of landscaping" on this site take guys to the cleaners over planting in patterns. I say if it looks good, it looks good, no need to infuse a bunch of complicated-ness. 10" is good spacing, they will look great when they fill in. When I plant color I try and find plant stock that has already bloomed pretty full so that it has instant impact to the landscape when they are planted.....but I imagine you had a hard time finding such plants this late in the season, at least for summer annuals. Glad to see the trailer getting dirty :weightlifter: I wouldn't let it sit either! Lol

Did you say you could get 2 ztr's, a wb and a stander on that thing? My trailer is 16' as well and I just can't see all 4 of those on there at once lol. I would love to see a pic of that setup 'wink wink' lol.

9. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I think everything looks great!you've been working hard sean keep it up! How many accounts are you up to?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics Sean! Looks like your season is going well!