1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Beautiful week to cut grass...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, May 16, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just took a snap shot yesterday out the truck window. Why would anyone want to work inside this time of year. What's it look like in your area now? As you can see I can't park on a city block and cut grass all day here. Plenty of grass, just no city blocks.

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

That Looks very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nice setting...looks like horse country where I live and work as well.
  4. It's a beautiful day here too. It's RAINING!!
    I'm just sitting here watching the grass grow. Two stray dogs are out playing in the fields. They don't care that they're all wet.
  5. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

It was 85 testerday!!Beautiful day. Raining and 60 now.
  6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Same thing here. The rain has pretty much stopped, but it is still misting on and off. The grass is absolutly soaking wet.
  7. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL here. My last day of school is tommorrow and highs in the mid 70's through next tuesdays here, with nothing but sun.
  8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Tha't great. How have you guys in OK and TX done after the drought? I have a fried South of OK City that said they went for months without mowing (I think this was last year). That has to be hard on the lawn/landscape businesses in general. I hope thing get back to normal for you if they haven't already
  9. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

Last year was pretty dry. Not sure about TX, but here we broke the monthly percipitation record in April. In fact, 2 weeks ago we were in a solid week raining pattern. Grass is growing like weeds, and i couldn't be more thankful to the lord for the drought he brought us out of:cool2:
  10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Man that is beautiful, I don't like city blocks. I walked out on my front porch and shot this with my phone to give you an idea of how dry it is here. When I looked to the right of this picture there was 3 coyotes walking across my corn field at 3:10 EST. I took a spotting scope and looked at them real close, I could not believe they were walking across a wide open field in the middle of the afternoon. These coyotes are very strong and healthy looking, they are not the scrawny ones like you see out west. They look like a medium size German Sheppard's but with a totally different profile and can run like the wind.

View attachment Image004.jpg