Beautifull Weather In The North East

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Nov 20, 2005.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Beauty of a day... How many of you guys are taking advantage of this sunday to get some cleanups done or catch up on other work even though it is a sunday, but we know our days are very limited.
  2. rbriggs

rbriggs LawnSite Member

Yup, snow is right around the corner. We are not looking forward to it. Although we are open year round, our volume of jobs does decrease dramatically with the seasonality. We stay steady, but the spring and summer are our busy months (much like you guys).
  3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

It IS nice out today. Since there are only 3 work days left b4 turkey day (MTW) it would be good to work today anyway, but I'm choosing inside office work and outside work around here today (digging bulbs for storage, winterizing, etc.)

I don't know about 'cuse or mass., but it might rain here on LI on mon pm, tues, weds so I'm currently figuring out what the most important things to do on Monday will be, assuming it will rain tues and weds. Prioritize bizatches!
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Beautiful out today in the mid 50's with plenty of sun. Enjoy it all in the NE cause rain is coming in Monday night, gonna be around all day Tuesday, windy on Wednesday (figures) and then snow for Thanksgiving.

Lovely...just f***ing lovely.:realmad:
  5. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

OK so we'll get 1 day in Monday, MAYBE something on tues and weds. Snow removal or salting on Thursday? Then may it all melt so I can work Fri and Sat and so on until Chritmas. Then may it snow every three days.
  6. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

deff... half to propritise... im hoping the rain wont start until tuesday up here.. weather people are never right so well half to wate and see...
  7. polplow

polplow LawnSite Member

worked my first and only sunday today due to the forecast this week.
  8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I rarely work Sunday, but today I had to finish up a job. I did not start any equipment until 10:00AM. A friend told me that he woke up this Sunday morning at 6:30AM to the sound of a leaf vacuum truck in his neighborhood.

People, if you have to work on Sunday, please take into consideration the time.
  9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

We don't work weekends. I did take some equipment and help my Dad with his lawn. Due to the nice weather, the crews are 2 weeks behind schedule on their cleanups ( the grass was still growing so they were still cutting). Also took the boat out of the water before it froze in place.

I sure hope we don't get snow on thanksgiving, I have a sod job scheduled for the weeek after thanksgiving.