Because Capt Rotar things all I do is sit in an office. 56k = Get some coffee

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Well, that is all I do now. I was looking through my old pictures and thought I'd post them yet again, just because I like them.

Replacing an old Brass valve (Champion I believe)

[​IMG]
    Starting to dig up box. Note the nice rocky soil we have here in WA. Also notice my favorite shovel in the world for service work.

[​IMG]
    Bad valve removed. It was originally on a 1" galvi nipple threaded into a 2.5" PVC tee. I spun that out and replaced it with a SCH 80 nipple. You can see the cut 2" lateral.

[​IMG]
    New valve plumbed in. I rotated it 90 degrees so it would fit. I believe I used 1.5" out of the valve instead of 2" because I was running short of 2" 90's on my truck.

[​IMG]
    All cleaned up. Weird fishbowl effect from the crappy camera.

[​IMG]
    Just a random picture of a 3/4" doublecheck installed in a basement that I did. We rarely tapped inside like this, but there was no other access.

[​IMG]
    This is how I tap Poly service lines. These are 200 PSI rated thick poly.

[​IMG]

Same tap, brought up to a decent height and a ford ball valve installed. A doublecheck would go on after the ford valve.

[​IMG]
    Adding two new zones to a manual system. I reused the one existing manual valve an added two new ones. Bonus points for the creative piping in getting them all to be the same level in the valvebox.

[​IMG]
    Crappy manifold design, (s)Hit valves. Service call was to replace all the valves.

[​IMG]

No more valves!

[​IMG]
    New Manifold with Rainbird DVF valves glued in place.

[​IMG]
    Pipe all reconnected.

[​IMG]
    Another Job, needed to add two zones. Existing manifold.

[​IMG]
    After adding two new valves.

So see... at one point I did get muddy :p

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

::falls Over::

3. After adding two new valves.
    A FRIGGIN CROSS.

4. Dirty Water

Mainline was going to be expanded that direction.

See many cross failures?

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

If you've planed for the "cross" it's no big deal, it happens, we all know it....45 over it, leave some
    room for (please God, not me) getting a slip-fix or union in there in case of "water feature".

6. Not many used here because our clay soil and BADAZZ oaks will crack them everytime. When I do see one I cuss the bstrd that put it in. Especially when they butt valves up to it.

7. Dirty Water

I only butt valves close together to piss you off Fimco :)

8. We've become one giant pssng each other off site. Thank the lord we aren't that boring cold fish commercial landscape forum. i think the lesson with this forum is high IQs and glue mix really well.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

You 2 should get a public acess show about irritation togehter..

and argue untily you both are blue in the face!