becoming liscensed and insured??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by D S&N Lawncare, Jul 31, 2005.

1. D S&N Lawncare

D S&N Lawncare LawnSite Member

my 2 friends and i are just getting started in the lawncare business...it is something we have had a passion for are whole lives and now we figure we are gonna help it help us..my biggest question is how do we go about getting liscensed and insured?? any info would be a big help guys...
    p.s the newbie thread is awesome..im still tryin to read it all

Nick

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure where columbus is. As far as 'liscensing' in NJ...start out by logging onto the states website and/or perform a search for 'New Jersey Gateway Business Services'. You may have to have your Federal Employee ID# ready...which you get from the feds website. Although it all depends what type of business you are forming. Sole proprietors and a few others can use their ss#...not sure if partnerships can...not an expect in this field. I've pasted the NJ website here...

http://www.state.nj.us/njbgs/index.html

It's pretty easy to do. If you don't want to do it over the web just get the phone number and call.

As far as insurance is concerned. I can recommend a great insurance agent in Bedminster, NJ...again not sure where columbus is...it's called 'J. Hurly Insurance Agency' Their office is located a few minutes from the 202/206 exit of 287.

Hope I was of some help. Lots of luck :waving:

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

4. D S&N Lawncare

thanks for the info guys.. im gonna take a ride down to the county office tom and get some info on business ventures of more than one person,im reviewing the nj business site as i post this,it is very informative and seems to answer many of my questions...as for the insurance company i will have to do some research and see how this gentleman is rated...again thanks for the great info and quick response

Nick

thanks for the welcome guys

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

J Hurly is an insurance AGENT not a insurance COMPANY. In other words they have the ability to go out and get you insurance from multiple companys and/or one/s that best suite your needs. I wasn't aware that insurance agents had ratings like insurance companys. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

6. D S&N Lawncare

ohh aight LB1234 i miss read the info as him being a company not and agent..in that case i will have to give him a call :blob3: