bed cover

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenStar, Nov 5, 2001.

1. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

hey has anyone saw or used on of those electric bed covers. they look pretty good and seem to slide without any bind up.

2. mowerguys

mowerguys LawnSite Member

I haven't seen an electric one. I have the access cover (the one that velcro's down the side) I really like it

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ive seen those. they look really cool. i know somebody putting one on his truck in a couple of weeks. ill let you know how it turns out.

4. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

I have the roll up bed cover, is that what your talking about?

David

5. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

Haven't seen the electric ones yet. My dad just put a roll-n-lock on his new Dodge 2500 and really likes it. If I had to guess, it probably works the same way except that it actuates via an electric motor instead of a human motor.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talkin about one of these;

http://www.elpaso.net/~linco/accessco.htm

I know this one is not electric but the electric ones have the same design with a motor. They have been out for a few years now.
    Its a nice idea but I would probably smash the rails. I use a snap top for over the winter just to keep the snow and ice out.

7. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

Roll n Loc brand bed covers and others of this design use a torsion spring that helps to roll up the cover when u release the latch. It's the same type of spring that is used as a counterbalance on all modern garage doors.
    hope this helps.

David