Bed Edger Needed

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by pondfishr, Mar 26, 2006.

1. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

Can someone recommend a top quality edger that won't break the bank?

2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

I dunno about that, we are picking up the 1st of 2 tomorow, Its a brown 991H trenchmaster, forget the price , my guy got me for like 2,299 maybe and the blade is like 140 for the 4" bededging redefining blade, its the biggest of them all they offer same as the lower one but 9 hp instead of 8 and i think it cn edge to 9 " deep insted of 7" I'll let you know how we like it. I hear the sidewinder is great but ist like 5,500 or so. we can get 2 browns for that price so that sounded better to us

3. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

I used to have a Brown a few years ago. It was a trenchmaster that I used for burying satellite tv ribbon cable. It dug a ditch 2" wide 6-8" deep. It would beat you to death digging churty tennessee soil. They are pretty solid but I had to have plenty of belts handy it would really burn them up when it was placed under a load. What about the small trimmer style edgers are they worth anything? I think you can get one of them for 200-$400. I have not ever used one so I can't compare it. Good luck with the Brown unit.

4. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

sidewinder is the way. cuts nice and very fast. if your doing big job which it will pay for it self. screw backdragging I hate it but it's better then the old way of shovel and wheelbarrow