Bed Edger

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by superbee, Mar 31, 2005.

1. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

Can anybody give me some advice on a good bed edging machine? I have a Mantis and see where they make an attachment for it to edge beds. How do these work? Any other advice? I want the beds I edge to have that neat professional look when I am finished. Thanks.
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

unless there is something new that attachment is for edging sidewalks, etc......not really for edging beds.

3. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I use a mantis i took 2 of the tines off i left 2 on and walk backwards, edges very nice and no clumps of dirt to pick up, leaves nice fine dirt just rake it and your done.
  4. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I bought a bedscaper bed edger last year-At first I was disappointed-now I use it all the time people love the proffesional look.
  5. bligh61

bligh61 LawnSite Member

I was thinking of purchasing one, what was the cost and does the machine work well. hand edging w/spade is killing me
  6. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I think I paid 2800 two years ago(my other post said last year but I was wrong)It works great and saves your back. We do large accounts. First we rake and weed beds then run the bed edger with a guy following up with a plastic rake pulling the soil back and cleaning the trail of soil left on the lawn. The only beds you cannot do are small tree rings and where shrubs are within 10 inches of beds. The more you use it the quicker you get. I have heard the Brown edger is good, maybe better, but my supplier did not carry it. It works great on straight lines too. You will wonder what you did without it.