Bed-Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SIG, Apr 10, 2002.

1. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a Brown Bed-Edger. I am trying to figure out how to line up the blade with the exisitng edge to redefine the flowerbeds. I seem to be having some difficulty with this. Any suggestions or do I need to keep practicing? Sig

2. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Practice, Practice,Practice. Go Slow you'll get it just Keep practicing.

3. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

Thanks Harevestman,
    Started a job last night with the edger, I am only half way done and the customer called and gave me a that-a-boy. Said it was the best edging he ever had on his property.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I was thinking about getting one of these. If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for yours? It definately would save a lot of time for me, but if I remember right i thought i heard somebody say they are close to $3000? thanks.

5. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

I paid $ 1397.00 for what I bought. It is a Trenchmaster/ Bedmaster Model F703B6 6.5 HP Briggs Intek. It is not the one with steerable wheels, but works very well anyway. I am very happy with it. It did take a little practice though. I bought over the Internet, was by far the best price I got. E-mail me and I will tell you who I ordered it from dsignorino@electrico.net

6. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member