Bed Edger?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreenMachine102, Jul 14, 2004.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

How much will a bed edger run me?

Oh by the way I have not been on this site for a while, and just wanted to share that I bought a new cummins 600 and am loving it, tows a trailer like nobody's business, i'll post pics when I get a dig. camera.:D
  2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I was just looking at some the other day at my dealer. He had a Brown Bed Edger for $1500 and a Brown Bed Trencher for $2500.
  3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Brown bed edger for $1950.00 I think it is the 781 model with the 8 hp Honda motor. It works great for edging new beds or redefining existing beds. The only thing I do after I use the bed edger is to grab my stick edger with a new blade and just run along the inside of straight edge to clear away the little bit of grass that is left hanging over the bed.
  4. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

How do you guys charge when it comes to edging a new bed with one the those machines?
  5. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I generarly charge a $1.00 per foot. If it is a really good customer then I will drop to .75 cents per foot.
  6. odorisio

odorisio LawnSite Member

since you cant call your dealer and find a exact price for your area.. :rolleyes:
  7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Tell me what you find out. I also am in maryland and want a 781 model. I am looking for demos or a really good price.