Bed Edger's.....what are the best brands?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by rjgolfer, Nov 28, 2007.

1. rjgolfer

rjgolfer LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Looking to buy a good commercial bed any of you have any advice on what brand/model to buy??
  2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I have used a Brown Equipment edger before and it worked very well.
  3. vtscaper

vtscaper LawnSite Member

We use a Bedshaper by Little Wonder with the 15 horse Honda. Puts down a real nice edge in any condition, lays the sod over for easy pick up. This machine is a HUGE time saver.
  4. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I second the little wonder BedShaper. I have one thats a couple years old now with the 14 HP Kawasaki and it has performed flawlessly! Unbelievably fast and agile with a hydro drive. No more walking backwards for me! Go to a rental place and rent one, then you'll see how good they are compared to the rest on the market.
  5. New Heights

New Heights LawnSite Member

Ill second the Bed Shaper by Little Wonder, I dont own one just rent it when I need it....It has a nice attachment that chops up the grass so you dont have to take it away(the grass). saves alot of time on larger acounts.
  6. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Brown Bed Edger. Works perfect. Wish I could make smaller circles. Stay away from the EZ trench. that thing is a sled.

There was a purple one at the show. Don't remember the brand, will look up the brochure in the morning. Seems a touch better then the Brown.
  7. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Thats the one im looking at to buy next year..
  9. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

I have the same one.

Great equipment, but its really big. Its just a bear to use on hills and slopes.

Somtimes it gets jammed up alot. Look around for a used one. I see them for about 1/4 of the price from new.
  10. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Again, not to sound like a salesman, but if you are doing hills/slopes, tight corners, etc, the Little Wonder BedShaper is the best choice. You can pick up a quality used unit for $1500-$2000. I paid $2800 for mine used, but it was only 2 years old with less than 20 hours on it. Paid for itself and then some in the first 4 months I owned it. Plus... they will hold a value of $1500+ if you ever decide to sell it again. Another option if you own a Walker mower is to get the BedShaper attachment that Little Wonder makes. Its just like the stand alone unit, but attaches to the front of the mower and uses the PTO to drive the blade. In some ways this is actually better than the stand alone because you have 26hp behind it now instead of 14.