Bed edgers who's the best?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Ollie3, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Ollie3

Ollie3 LawnSite Member

I will be looking into a bed-edger, and I was wondering who makes the best product? I know someone that uses an EZ-Trencher-BE-310-A and he really likes the machine. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with other edgers and what brands do you prefer and how much do they cost?

Ollie :dancing: :dancing:

2. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

I am asking the same question. I did not see your post earlier and am interested in one that would be less than $500.00.

3. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

I 'm looking at the hydro unit's with the disc. cost running at about 3000.00-5000.00. Even the back drag one cost about 1000.00 with different blades to interchange and hard to work with the terrain plus the cut changes, cause the terrain messes with you.

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

buy a bed shaper by little wonder its the best an all hydro drive , no pulling an tugging be prepared to spend 4-5 grand see ya george

5. jhoneycutt

jhoneycutt LawnSite Member

I just rented one yesterday. It works great unless you hit roots , but I think it is called BedScapes it is red blue. I talked to the guy (Nations Rent) @ buying it and he said it would be around $1000 two yrs old, and they are @ $2000 new . I'll just rent it for $52 per day.

6. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

redmax reciprocator. bought mine for less than five hundred. amazing machine as long as you can give it some muscle and makes clean up very fast.:weightlifter:

7. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at turfco, they are great, and they are about 1500. I think they even have a deal where you get free shipping if you order it before april 7th i think.

8. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

we pick up our 991H tomorrow, was today but i gues Brown Mfg decided to ship a bunch out w/o handles so they are fedxing thwe barbs tomorrow mine ran 2,550 with a 4' bededging blade

9. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

what all can you do with the redmax

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The Redmax reciprocator is not a bed edger...not even close.