1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bed edging difficulty?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by honeydopm, Feb 25, 2009.

1. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased a Brown bed edger and i havnt been able to use it due to the snow and weather. Im just looking for some input, hints, suggestions on how to follow existing lines, make circles and just general use of the machine.

2. IcutgrASS1

IcutgrASS1 LawnSite Member

hey just curious, what are the brown edgers going for now? Thinking of buying a new one this spring

3. IcutgrASS1

IcutgrASS1 LawnSite Member

oh yeah i forgot to answer your question...they are pretty easy to use, just pull it and make your edges, but i always take my string trimmer and clean up the edges afterwards..it makes a HUGE difference...the edger is nice cuz it will do the rough work, but it doesnt make it look like the brochure does in the picture with the guy making a bed nice and sharp like that..haha...there definitly a time saver

4. honeydopm

I bought mine used and got a great deal but i did a little research and couldnt justify paying between$2000 and $2500 for a new one. I cant wait to check it out.

5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

If your doing existing beds make sure you get a redefining blade, throws a lot less mound that the big blade they usually come with. Your local dealer will know whats on yours.

6. heyakoni

heyakoni LawnSite Member

And then once you have gotten a feel of the way that you use that edger,get better quality.

7. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

You can not go wrong. The toughest part is getting used to whee the blade is hitting the ground as to where you are looking at it on the machine. It will save you a ton of time, and create the lok you are after.

8. honeydopm

I pulled it out the other day and tried using it and it will definetly take some getting used to. I slung dirt all over including on myself.

9. Big Red Ferris

Big Red Ferris LawnSite Member

yeah i have one i love it i rented them for yrs its handy

10. albhb3

albhb3 LawnSite Senior Member

IC go to HD they may have a used one maybe a yr-2 they sell them here off for crazy cheap. I know the Bluebird areators they try to get rid of when for 550 and it looked brand new