Bed Edging Per Foot

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by sailinstud420, Mar 19, 2006.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen topics on this in the past but couldnt find any. I need to know what you get for bed edging by the linear foot? I need to come up with a rough number so I can estimate properties...

2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

.75 to 1.25 per linear foot.

3. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Whoa! I was looking for info on the same thing, but I didn't think it would be that high.

Anyone else out there?

Brian

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

.85 for redefining existing beds and 1.25 for new

5. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

That is high for my area but is that for machine edging or hand edging?
    Do you charge different prices for different "methods?

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

$1.25 ft new or redinining and I won't do it by hand when a machines available and 10 times faster

7. old dog 80

I have been doing this business for 20 years and understand that .I also have
    a dozen 1000 ft and more high end residences that would have a fit over
    a 1k edging bill-and then 25 to 50 yards of mulch installed!How many feet per hour can you edge and prep for mulch?

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

About as fast as you can slowly walk so your in the neighborhood of 500-600 ft an hr.

If they can afford to have a 1000 ft of beds and 25-50 yds of mulch every cple yrs they can afford to have the beds cut right. esecially if there high end clients. Let them b!tch or let them have a great looking property, but you don't get both with me

BTW-- those machine are not getting cheaper

9. old dog 80

I have one that is 3 years old and in good shape.We do keep beds in gfood shape.A lot of people mulch every year-some 2 yrs.I edge all beds every year
    unless told NOT to.I hand edge the small ones because I enjoy it and can zip
    right through them.Certainly will look into bumping prices!

10. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I settled on .80 cents per foot for my edging. I have had a few customers and all have commented on how high the price was. One (a great customer, I might add) about fell over. I gave her a 'discount' and reduced her 800 feet by half.

I think I'll drop to .60 per foot next year. I can't justify .80 if I'm pricing myself out of my own market.

Brian