bed edging Pricing??????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by mowerman41, Mar 18, 2009.

1. mowerman41

mowerman41 LawnSite Senior Member

just curious what you charge a foot for bed edging. New bed edging and maintance edging.........

2. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

bump to the top

3. AA+ landscaping

AA+ landscaping LawnSite Member

It all depends on how you are going to do it and what it entails. For example, I use a Turf Teq bed edger and I would charge $0.25 a foot for bed edging only. There would be an extra charge to remove the dirt. I know that $0.25 sounds cheap, but when you edge 700 feet in 30 minutes you make out. If it is a contract customer that I am installing mulch for, I do the edging for free because it makes it easier for me to trim throughout the season.

4. Big Red Ferris

Big Red Ferris LawnSite Member

what do you charge too haul it away if need be ?

5. DC & Sons

DC & Sons LawnSite Member

bump .... bumppp

6. GracesLandscaping

GracesLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

if im creating a bed and not just redefining one i charge one dollar a foot. this is the shovel method i dont have a bed edger. if im just redefining its usually a mulch job and ill just tack on whatever i feel is necessary

7. birdturd9726

birdturd9726 LawnSite Member

light edging / re-shaping is $0.50 per foot and to create a new edge is $0.80 per foot

8. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

if you have a stick edger you should check out the trenchblade, it is better that using a shovel for sure.

9. green monster

green monster LawnSite Member

Here is a cool product from ECHO. I saw it advertised on the left side of this website with the other advertisers. It sure beats a shovel and it is a lot less money than the other edgers I have seen. Plus, it doesn't take up any more space on the trailer than a trimmer or an edger. I saw one in person at my dealer's open house and they were selling it for $650.

This link has a video of it in action:

http://www.echo-usa.com/productlanding/?Page=BRD280

10. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I know you are a sponsor and everyone seems to have nothing but positive things to say about your product...but how does this answer the posters questions on pricing?