1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bed Edging

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by STIHL GUY, Mar 17, 2009.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have been asked to edge some beds for a costomer. i do not currently own a bed edger. what would be the best way to go about getting this done without buying a bed edger??
  2. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

I used to do all of my edging with a good ol shovel! You could always buy a stick edger. I just bought a Tanaka stick edger on Ebay for $260.00 and it has a 2-year commercial warranty.
  3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Just rent one. Line up a bunch in one day and knock them out. :) Most of my customers already have beds so my FrankenEcho redefiner will make cake work of them. :D

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

well all the mulch appointments are spread out so it looks like i will be doing it with a shovel for now. thanks for the quick responces and ill post some pictures when its all done

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Don't use a shovel. Go to homedepot or Lowes and get one of the half moon hand bed edgers. That is what we use and they work great.
  6. GracesLandscaping

GracesLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

what are ya talking about? do u know a real name or possibly even a link with a pic? id like to see what your talking about!
  7. Jersey Shore Landscaping

Jersey Shore Landscaping LawnSite Member

use a shovel have tryed bed edger after bed edger back to the tanaka edger and follow behine with shovel
  8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Look up the trenchblade. I didn't notice a stick edger in your signature, but if you get an edger, you can get trenchblades for them. They're cheap and they work great!
  10. afg

afg LawnSite Member
    from TN

loop handle, all metal, orange spades from AM Leonard