1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bed redo, how long would it take?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Dave does lawns, Sep 13, 2012.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Not like your picking and digging each piece out. Find the main parts of the plants dig it out and stuff starts to pull with it, Throw it in the dump trailer pull the other stuff out. Re grade the bed plant the roses add mulch and collect check and go to next job.
  2. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't be using a bobcat to rip out stump, or stump grinder..... It will be dug around to a reasonably low level and cut out.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Me neither. Dingo would make short work of pulling out the plants and "stumps".
  4. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Lol, no fancy dingos either.:rolleyes:

I only have the option to do it the good ol fashion hard way.
  5. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I think you guys are making wayyy too big a deal of this... the RU takes care of the roots and now we're gonna rip them up in the midst of a 3' wide bed, 20 paces long???

5 holes with a sharp round nose shovel and unless you're hitting lots of rocks or dry clay pack,,, you got about 1/2 hr of digging and the rest of the day for planting...

Buy the highest quality loppers and round nose shovel and you got all the fancy equipment you need... :)