Bed renovation & new bed II

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Green-Pro, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Been getting a lot of work for bed/edge renovation lately and some for new beds. heres the latest project we did. The planted areas around the foundation are a bit sparse to say the least and have certainly shown the effects of our much drier than normal weather. Client wants to wait a bit to add plants to these, we did take out some dead dead dead stuff :angel:

The bed we put in she had this layout in mind, not my taste but well she likes it. We chose plants and mulch. Russian sage, Double Decker Coneflower, Delphinium, Hungarian & Shasta Daisy, Pagan Delphinium, Tall Phlox, Ballon Flower, Coreopsis, Spedwell, Helmet Flower, Salvia, and Day Lillies. Oh and twice ground hardwood mulch. Setting the walking stones on the top of the mulch, her idea, but I guess in time they will seat o.k. plus I gave them a "bit" of a start.

She was in no hurry so we worked it in around other projects, she also wants us back this fall to put in a windbreak about a 300' long area. Anyway still busy, still need rain too, somebody please send some :waving:

IM000399.JPG

IM000397.JPG

IM000403.JPG

IM000405.JPG

IM000455.JPG

2. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I have to know. What does it say on the doormat? It looks like it glows in the dark.

Nice work on the beds!

3. Green-Pro

Thanks, Hotter than Haities here, humid, no dang breeze about the last thing I would do is check out a glow in the dark doormat :) I honestly never paid any attention to it, things like that are oblivious to me. There is an awseome ice cream shop down the street, thats what I was thinking of...keep your eye on the prize...keep your eye on the prize... ;)

-Geoff

4. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Ha! If you think it is hot there you need to come and play a round of golf with me. If you wear a black shirt you are liable to burst into flames!

Hang in there. Cooler weather is coming!

5. Green-Pro

The heat I can handle its the part where you feel like your breathing water that really floats my boat. I gotta say though I wouldn't trade working outside for nothing, cold, heat,humidity,wind, all of it. Got to take the good with the bad, right.

-Geoff

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Nice work.

P.S. Y'all don't know what hot is. :angry: ;)

7. Green-Pro

Thanks,

yes our hot is probably not bad for you southern boys, been in Florida this time of year and can honestly say it waas downright uncomfortable.

Lets have this conversation again in Jan. except about the cold :)

-Geoff