Bed shaper for Hills, Mountains

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by David Grass, Apr 24, 2006.

1. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

the 4 bed shapers are, Little wonder, Brown, Sidewinder (turfteq), and EZ trench. I am thinking that the least expensive one, the EZ trench 300 at 100 pounds would maybe actually be the best for the mountains. Any thoughts on those that have pulled "hills" with each of the above.

2. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the Edge R Rite from Turfco at Turfco.com. At 70 lbs. and operator in the rear you can handle the unit on slopes. Been around for years as it has been used for shaping sand traps on golf couses. Cuts like a sod cutter and does not throw stuff into beds. Is easy to operate but not self propelled and shakes like crazy in dry conditions. But works great, leaves beds looking nice and easy clean up after. runs, round 1400 I think.

Has different blades for diff kinds of shaping too.

3. David Grass

ok then, of the 5 mentioned, which of you have A Bd some in hilly situations, and what did you think? The sidewinder ($4800), is great, I demoed it, but it is tippy when the edger is facing down a steep slope (works great everywhere else, and I mean GREAT!!!) I still may go with it, but the little EZ trench at 100 pounds and $2100 may be better for the mountains. Thoughts?

4. David Grass

NO one uses any of the above in a mountainous situation???