1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bed shaper .....I love it!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Ron's Lawncare, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i just did my first edging job with my new Bed shaper and all i can say is...WOW i'll now throw all my hand edging tools as far as i can into the woods.i used to hate this time of year doing hand edging on all the beds.i did my house last night, it used to take me 2 hrs to hand edge all my beds. i did it in 25 min's that includes picking up the turf and me learning how to operate the machine.

Ron

2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats....they are awesome machines. I normally get all my clients together and then rent one. Hopefully one day I'll be able to buy one as well.

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If you don't mind saying, What did it set you back? What kind of engine is on it? I have rented 1 a couple of times and they work very nice!

4. Ron's Lawncare

it is a 2 year old leftover it has the 14 hp Kawi. 0n it it cost me $2800.00 out the door. this machine has a retail of around $4000.00

Ron

5. North Ga

North Ga LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Hey Rons,how about some Pictures :usflag:

6. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

How does the thing work on hills? I am in mountains and am going to get one soon.

7. Ron's Lawncare

it is hydro drive like a walk behind mower but id does have only one hydro pump and a diff on the axle.it dose well on the hills that i have tried it on.

Ron

8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

You didn't want to buy the one to go on your Walker? I can get that attachment new for $2800. I rented one from my Walker dealer and I will agree, WOW!

Will's pics 103.jpg

Will's pics 104.jpg