Bed Shaper? What's the best edger for Sping cleanups shovels are killing me!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by CharlieBingo, Mar 26, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Bed shaper by Little Wonder looks good but expensive ($2500). Looking for a way to cut my labor on initial bed edging.

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I hear ya Charlie we were looking into the Little Wonder also but not in the budget this year, well back to shovels. Some one told me of a bed edger that actually floated the dirt back into the bed so ther was very minimal clean up. And you usually mulch right after so minor grass clippings were not a problem and he said it only cost him around $1700.00:dizzy:

3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

It was probably the Brown Manufacturing Bed Edger. I got mine, a 8hp with adjustable front wheel height for $1995.00 and it works GREAT. Just edge along the entire bed, shut it off, rake the pulverized dirt back into the bed to smooth it out and mulch rite over it with very little cleanup. The only time that you have to haul away or remove some dirt it around tree circles becuase the height of the mulch around the tree will grow very quickly if you rake it up an existing tree ring.

4. rgjlawn

rgjlawn LawnSite Member
    from midwest

We have this bed shaper it is by far the best. price is not 2500.00 but around 3900.00 you can edge a 20' spruce in 15-20 seconds. :blob3:

5. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

There is also Bedscaper and Bededger models.If you are in maintenance do you do
    enough to buy the lLitte Wonder(that is a lot of mulching to pay for it)I got a Bedscaper
    which has front castors and is very maneuverable.Has anyone altered the cutting blade to cut on a 30 to 45 angle? It makes for a stronger edge when you run mid-dutys or ZTR
    mowers along them.

6. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

I called and went to many dealers in my area and trhey are 4265.00 plus tax with the 13 Kaw. nice machine found a year old one for 2000.00 so I have no idea how you guys get stuff so cheap at 2500 unless it a different motor and size. If I was you always get the better motor. It will last longer. It worht the investment.

7. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

8. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Paid 2900.000 plus tax for the bedshaper with 11.5 briggs in NJ.
    Dealer price is 2775.00 brigs 11.5
    3400.00 honda 13 hp
    3175 kaw 13